Monday, March 7, 2011

Call Me G.I. Jane

I thought that it was necessary for another blog post today because I SHAVED MY HEAD! After taking my wig off and looking in the mirror last night to see that I directly resembled a mad scientist with random patches of hair shooting out from all over my head, I decided that it was time for the rest of it to go. There were very few places with hair left and bobby-pinning it up under the wig everyday seemed like it was going to be more of a hassle than anything, so after a typical impulsive Laura decision, I was ready to part ways with the few lingering hairs that I had left.

Everyone in the annex was so helpful and I couldn't have done it without them. Shout out to Marisa for cutting it, Liz for bringing over her roomie's electric razors, Lauren Hagerty for buzzing it, Sue for the smooth shave, and everyone else for being so supportive and making me feel so comfortable.

Today, I wore my wig to class for the first time and a couple people just asked if I had highlighted my hair, and the others who knew said that it looked way better than they had expected, so I can't complain! Not to mention it took me less than 5 minutes to get ready to go out Saturday night and cut my shower time yesterday by at LEAST half. After class today I went for a run with Liz and just wore a hat (because I don't want to ruin my wig) and felt surprisingly fine with it. 


Bottom line: embrace change.

I figured that the blog wouldn't be complete without some photos of the process so here they are!



Barber Hagerty shaving off my remaining hair


the final product!


selfie, oops. thank you Liz Andrews for coming with me to get my new wig! :)

I have been happier than ever lately and I honestly owe it all to my amazing friends. Sorry to be sappy, but its true. This whole thing has made me realize how many great people I have in my life and I love each and every one of you!!

2 comments:

  1. You are very very very very beautiful in every one of those pictures
    Perhaps more so in the bottom two because we get to see your smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You still look beautiful with or without the hair. I believe it’s your smile and your attitude that make you beautiful inside-out. You’re right about embracing change. Change is inevitable, after all. We are still in control though, and it’s us who would define how these changes would be good or bad for us.

    Paola Basilio

    ReplyDelete